Fifth Technique – Process your Tasks
Now that you’ve set yourself up for success following the concepts discussed so far, it’s time to execute on your plans and follow – Process your Tasks or Produce
- Developing Solution capacity
- Team Profiling
- Organizing and effective planning of meetings
1. Developing Solution Capacity
Concentrate on what is important to achieve your goals and the company’s goals. Stick to the values that attribute accomplishments to you and your organization.
You have a calendar with your daily tasks as well as time blocks scheduled. Go through and work on each task using buffer and catch-up time as you need it.
One note on buffer time: it should be used as a last resort. Don’t waste this time just because you have it marked off on your calendar.
There will be occasions when you really need it. If you don’t need it, use the time effectively to get more work done or recoup your energy.
Procrastination is the biggest enemy of your efficiency. Dealing effectively with procrastination is getting yourself to do things you don’t want to do. It’s great practice for learning how to become successful! Avoid Procrastination as you will be left behind without any achievements at some point.
If you can defeat your procrastination, you can accomplish just about anything.
Ensure that you complete all the tasks that you have calendared as per the deadlines set. Initially, this might be difficult but you will be able to achieve in due course of time.
2. Team Profiling
Team profiling is about being aware of the team members’ strengths, skills, and weaknesses and delegating tasks efficiently. Delegating the task on the basis of task prioritization and importance is Task Profiling. So, Team and Task profiling go hand in hand with each other.
- Identify your team members as per their skills and working capacity and assign the tasks. Prioritize tasks and assign accordingly considering the priority of the tasks.
- Do not try to handle all the tasks on your own. It will only burden you and you will not be able to accomplish some tasks with efficiency and quality.
- Avoid Micromanaging. It is right to leave the task to be completed, support if required. If you do a constant follow up of the delegated task, neither you nor the person to whom the work has been delegated will be productive.
- Delegate the tasks based on priority and completion requirements. Ensure that you are delegating the task by keeping in mind the task importance, deadlines of completion, and efficiency of the employee.
- Identify your team members as per their skills and working capacity. Prioritize tasks and assign the important tasks.
- Do not try to handle all the tasks on your own. It will only burden you and you will not be able to accomplish many tasks with efficiency and quality.
- Avoid Micromanaging. Leave the responsibility of the task completed t the person to whom work has been delegated and support when required. To ensure that the delegated work is completed properly if you do a constant follow up, you will not be productive either the person to whom the work has been delegated.
- Delegate the tasks based on priority and deadlines. Ensure that you are delegating the task by keeping in mind the task importance, deadlines of completion, and efficiency of the employee.
3. Organizing and planning of meetings effectively
The purpose of assembling 2 or more participants at one place to interact by sharing information, opinions, and views of a particular situation to discuss topics relating to the company’s goals and achievements is an official meeting. Now, conducting a meeting impacts the time and productivity of the members. So, keeping this in mind, a meeting should be organized:
- Do not schedule a meeting unless it very much needs to assemble face to face and discuss.
- Schedule the meeting with the required participants and inform them well in advance about the details & timing
- Always be well prepared for the meeting and ensure that the participants are aware of the agenda.
- Ensure topics are not deviated and avoid any kind of distractions.
- Record the Discussion points and action plans
- Share the minutes of the meeting at the end and inform if there is any following meeting scheduled.